Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Parisian Job



500 Million Euros! Somebody has good taste. My office mate, and personal assistant (he he he), David Sonju directed me to this article earlier today. Apparently, a very clever theif (or group of theives) was (were) able to rob the Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris of five very expensive paintings. The hit list includes Picasso, Matisse (his painting La Pastorale, above, was stolen), Leger, Braque, and Modigliani. It is a literal "who's who" of French modern painting. As far as I know, no one has been arrested in connection with the burglary. If the art theives happen to be reading this, and are feeling generous, a donation of a small piece of the Matisse of Picasso would go a long way towards erasing my school debt after this PhD. If you aren't interested, then please take them back.

3 comments:

Goannatree said...

You mean you don't want them to give us the painting to brighten up the stairwell of the Roundel?

Watkins said...

I suppose that would be nice. But I think I want the money :-)

Watkins said...

No, let's hang it in our home! - em